David H. Brock, AAGO
About the artist:
David Brock began his musical training at age 8, studying piano with Quincy Butler. His professional career started at age 11, as a cathedral chorister at Washington National Cathedral. His early teachers were Anthony Furnivall, Shirley and Norman Scribner, and Richard Roeckelein. At Swarthmore College, he studied with Robert Smart (organ and accompanying), and Gerald Levinson (composition). From 2001-2007 David served as Director of Music and Organist at St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church, Incline Village, Nevada. In 2004, David was awarded an Associate Certificate of the American Guild of Organists (AAGO). He continues his organ studies with Dr. Roger Nyquist.
1. David H. Brock (2001) organ - J. S. Bach – Schübler Chorales, J. Langlais – Neuf Pieces
2. For Thou Art With Me (2005) - Howells, Karg-Elert, Langlais, Messiaen, Praetorius, Sowerby.
3. Taste of TOCCATA v. 1 (2008) – w/ TOCCATA – incl. Handel Organ Concerto Op. 4 # 3
4. A Baroque Christmas (2009) – w/ TOCCATA orchestra/chorus – organ, harpsichord continuo
5. Mozart Requiem (2010) – w/ TOCCATA orchestra and chorus - organ
6. Going Baroque (2011) – w/TOCCATA – organ, harpsichord – Handel Organ Concert Op. #2
David Brock maintains an active organ recital schedule throughout the United States. Recent appearances have included Washington National Cathedral, the Cathedral of St. Andrew Honolulu, the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, and National City Christian Church, Washington DC. David has also appeared with the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra, Alexandria, Virginia in performances of the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony, and the Brahms Requiem. He also performs as pianist with TRIO BRIO, along with Darrell Moore, clarinet, and Pat Crane, viola. David serves as organist, and continuo accompanist for TOCCATA.